Friday, March 4, 2011

Dream Drives: Porsche Speedster

My old condo, reflected in the glossy Porsche paint!

Speedster in March 2011 Architectural Digest

Special magazine for enthusiasts


Great book!



The all new Speedster



I called her Frenchie, due to the color - like French's Mustard



My Porsche in my garage, tres' sportif!



Bradley loves to drive!


I had a ball driving my Porsche Cayman, which I owned for almost three years. Highly impractical for a decorator and his samples and objet, I traded it for a much more practical and still fun Nissan Versa. I still love the Porsche marque, and plan to have another soon, as a second car just for pleasure. Architectural Digest is currently featuring the new Speedster, a cool piece of machinery for only around $200,000.00 or so. (The Cayman was affordable luxury at about $45,000.00) I found this amazing art portrait of a Porsche while checking out the site for Bayfront Marina and Condominiums, where I once owned a place. This image inspired me to post about Porsche today. I've also been fortunate to know Susann Miller, who helped to found the Everglades Porsche Club, and creates books of ephemera on the car such as this one here. If you really want to feel the excitement of driving, I suggest Porsche. Prior to the Cayman, I was driving a lovely Mercedes-Benz CLK350 coupe, which became a little too safe and predictable, however I plan to purchase another Mercedes in the future, since I covet the vintage and classic models. Enjoy the weekend! DF *****