Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alexa Hampton in Naples!







I'm most excited to hear that dear Alexa Hampton will be here on March 17th, as part of the ongoing distinguished speaker series at our Miromar Design Center. I briefly met her father, the famous Mark, when I lived in NYC and he lectured at our school (FIT) - as a guest of the eminence grise, Stanley Barrows, the former illustrious interior design chair of Parsons, who went on to chair the ID department at my own FIT. I'm sure that Alexa simply exudes charm, and would love to hear her speak, as well as have her sign a copy of her new book. It's very exciting to have New York designers coming into town to speak, it adds a lot of sparkle and zest.


I was so pleased to get a nice message from another top New York designer today, on his lifestyle blog, Thanks Brad! Also, Jennifer Boles of the Peak of Chic in Atlanta, has added me to her blog list, and Leta Austin Foster of Decorating With Sheets in Palm Beach has done so as well, which makes me very proud and feeling included in the blogging loop of the decorating world. It is quite fun and interesting to participate in this aspect of our profession. Enjoy! DF *****