Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Martha Stewart Moment

I mounted the image on leftover Brunschwig Zarafa Beige

I hand colored the image prior to color copying

I had wanted to make some personal cards for cherished long time clients and a few good friends last year, and simply ran out of precious time. This year, I'm managing to create almost two dozen of these hand made Martha inspired originals, which also have a little Albert Hadley flair, since I used some glitter in an interesting almost holographic way. The glitter is very fine, and is called glitter foam. It washes over the image of my room like a snow globe...! So charming and personal. Here are some shots I took of the works in progress. I chose to use Cranes heavy stock envelopes, lined in a semi-matte black, with red ink for the names and addresses. My friend Mark Nelson in New York ordered his stamps with his intials, MND, which I am crazy for. Next year I'll have to do that too. Thanks for the tip Mark! Enjoy the holidays! DF *****