Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mr Buatta and Mrs Parish

Although I did have the privilege of working with Mario, and getting to know him, I never met Sister. I was taken to her office once, after hours, and this was when the PH offices were on East 56th Street, and terribly chic and glamourous. Sisters office was a square room, one of the most beautiful spaces I had ever seen, and the walls were glazed the exact color of a pink rose petal. Her floor was painted, and she had used a very soft pink and green chintz (possibly a cretonne). I was struck by the drama of her "desk", a Louis writing table (escritoire) - the only two things on it were her multi line phone and a copy of the "blue book" (New York Social Register). The room also contained a small marble mantel. I will always remember this room, it made a huge impression. I have had so many friends and acquaintances who have worked there; my old college room-mate Bob Shatzer, is the one who showed me Sisters office. Others include James Andrew, Tice Alexander, Greg Casati, Reggie Charrier, David Easton, Gary Hager, Mark Hampton, Brian McCarthy, Nicholas Pentecost, Nancy Porter, Harold Simmons, Terry Sullivan, Peter Van Hattum and Bunny Williams !!! DF ***** DON'T FORGET ! 11-11 is Albert's birthday...