Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Decorative Groupings











I wanted to share with you, dear reader, what I was up to yesterday at home. I created an eclectic grouping of pictures I already owned, which had been in storage for the past two years. I used a copy of a lithograph from a Palladian garden pavilion (gift from a friend), and two fun playbills from a favorite Key West revue, "Broadway 3 Ways" at LaTeDa in Key West. The cross was a gift from our friend Roberta Horton.

The tabletop holds Meissen style candlesticks (gift from a client) and blue and white porcelains, and a SONY television, a gift from my father. I have never purchased a television in my life ! The drawings are some I did quickly for Marshall-Schule when Elsa Klensch from "Style With Elsa Klensch" (CNN ) covered the Fifth Avenue apartment of Mary Gilbert, which they had designed. What a gorgeous jewel box of a place it is. Mary is related to the Rockefellers, and through her, I met Hurd Hatfield, who played Dorian Gray in the movie of the same name. I think Hurd went by the name of Hal, but memory is not serving me well this morning. DF *****