Sunday, March 3, 2019

TRUE BLUE: Louise W. Cronan

Louise Cronan Interior Decoration, photo Nick Sargent



My super talented friend Louise Cronan over in Palm Beach just finished up with her kips Bay decorator show house there- it was a smashing success and I'm so happy for her that she was able to do this and contribute to a very worthwhile cause-

Taste and style run in her family -her sister is a decorator in Boston - and her mother, the late Susan Wilcox, was a prominent Atlanta decorator who did the childhood home of  Miles Redd - And here's a quote from House Beautiful regarding  this topic:


I have been trying to revamp my childhood home since, well, childhood. My mother is one of the sweetest people on earth, but in 1987, when it came time to redo our house in Atlanta, she wasn't taking advice from her 14-year-old son, no matter how artfully I had arranged my personal quarters. Instead, she turned to Susan Wilcox, a notable Atlanta decorator who completely understood her requests for symmetry, unfussiness, and happy chintzes.  DF