Monday, March 4, 2019

SISTER PARISH: Wilbur Pippin

Dean at home inspired by Wilbur's portrait of Mrs. Parish


I've always loved this book from the 60s called The Finest Rooms by America's great decorators introduction by Russell Lyne, edited by Katherine Tweed- which has this beautiful portrait of the society decorator, Mrs. Henry Parish, II - known as Sister -

Today Billy and I had some fun and he took this snap of me in a similar pose- I love this quote from the book by Sister;

"My work has often been referred to as having the Undecorated Look.  If my undecorated look has meant rooms that are personal, comfortable, friendly, and gay, I feel I have accomplished a great deal. Rooms should be timeless. They should have as much imagination and warmth as possible. Each persons life differs from every other, just as people's needs are all different. If I can create for them a "living" room, I feel a true success has been achieved."  DF