Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Inspiration, Greek Revival

I've always loved Greek Revival buildings, ever since I was just a small boy and would be driven by The Pink House, in Georgia. How could one not like this beautiful building? When I was in high school, I designed a house like this for my home economics class (I was one of maybe two boys in the class) - and the teacher liked what I did so much with the interior design that she posted it in a vitrine in the hall for all to see...all 2,000 students, as I attended the largest public high school in the state...I remember I used pale yellow walls, light blue cotton damask and lots of Chippendale style furniture. It was a study in understated, southern elegance. If I only had the scheme now, what fun to re-visit my design from 35 years ago! Enjoy! DF *****