Monday, March 29, 2010

Wendy Burden

Beautiful Wendy Burden





I was looking at the New York Times yesterday, something I usually do on a sunday morning, and fell in love with the home of Wendy Burden (a member of the Vanderbilt family)... and was reminded of my old friend Marcy, whose sister Mary Jo married into the Cecil family in Asheville...(they own Biltmore and are descendants of George Vanderbilt). Mary Jo met Mr. Cecil through Rose Cummings sister, Eileen Cecil, since Marcy had a great job at Rose Cumming working in the showroom with the late Ron Grimaldi. I still remember on one of my first trips to New York, seeing the old Rose Cumming shop on Park Avenue... very mysterious and quaint. I was lucky to see this, since it was soon to close forever. Rose Cumming was a mentor and friend to Tom Britt and Albert Hadley, as well as Mark Hampton, and later I met all of these talented gentlemen while pursuing my dream to be a top New York designer myself. Enjoy these borrowed images (courtesy New York Times) ! DF *****