Monday, March 8, 2010

Galleries and Shows

My client John Brennen puts on this great New York show


Seen at the Naples Art and Antiques Show



Trinity by the Cove Episcopal Church


Ellen Harris

This is what you saw out back...

Steve and Lisa Sherwood, Sherwood Antiques, Forsyth, Georgia


Entrance, Naples Art and Antiques Show

Hunt Slonem, courtesy New York magazine

I've always enjoyed attending gallery openings and antique shows. This exposure broadens a designers point of view, and also is a great way to see old friends and clients. On Saturday, I attended the Naples Art and Antiques Show (29th annual) for the last time, just to review some things I had selected for clients. I ran into gorgeous Ellen Harris, and beautiful Sheila Labrecque, who lives in Carleton Varney's old apartment in New York. I also met a charming couple from Georgia, Lisa and Steve Sherwood, of Sherwood Antiques in Forsyth. I chatted briefly with John Stringer, from Bernardsville, NJ http://www.jmstringergallery.com/ and admired a Boldini like portrait he had prominently displayed in his stand. In a previous post, I'd mentioned attending a Hunt Slonem opening here in Naples, and was pleased to receive this article from "New York" magazine profiling him at home in manhattan (March 8th issue) from Bill Meek of Harmon-Meek gallery. I very much enjoyed reading this, and also relished reading a more personal account of John Rosselli and Bunny Williams ordeal they endured building their magnificent home "La Colina" in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, in the catalog published by the Naples Antiques show... (Bunny was the keynote speaker this year) DF*****