Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Pink Door

I like these
lacquered walls...
I LOVE salmon !!!

This shot only gives a tiny inkling of what's in store for you...
Two years ago, while visiting my parents, I traveled over to Greensboro, North Carolina... to visit Caroline Faison Antiques. I was so impressed with her shop and its contents - I haven't seen such a good stock since my last trip to New York. Caroline has a fabulous eye for painted furniture, and her shop is very beautiful. Too bad she was away on holiday with her daughter, Kim, while I was there. I would have loved to have met her. She's been in business for years. http://www.carolinefaison.com/ anyway, the very nice lady who was minding the shop referred to me a fabulous decorating shop in the neighborhood called "The Pink Door" - and may I just say, I DIED ! (apologies to Rachel Zoe) no, but seriously, it's a great place, and the owner is Glenn Blair Lavinder. You really do have to see the place in order to fully appreciate it. Located at 1705 Battleground Avenue, they have a retail shop and a design studio. The taste level is very high, and I was delighted and bewitched. I did purchase a small Manuel Canovas bougie d'ambiance there as a spontaneous gift for my mother. Enjoy these random shots, which don't fully capture the atmosphere. DF ***** www.pinkdoorinteriors.com/