Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Philip Johnson and Joe Rosen


photograph courtesy Richard Payne

William and I had a great time last night enjoying cocktails and conversation at the home of our friend, Joe Rosen. I was delighted to discover that during Joe's prolific career as a designer, that he was a consultant to the architect Philip Johnson for over twenty five years ! It was one of those wonderful, old fashioned cocktail hours that ended up being about five hours long...as we chatted away with Joe and his other guests, one of whom works with the Greenbrier Hotel, and also formerly worked at the famed Everglades Club (Palm Beach) back in the sixties. I had a great time, and while I never had the good fortune to meet Mr. Johnson or his partner David Whitney, I felt almost as if I had through hearing Joe talk about his experiences. Read more about P.J. and his glass house here: www.philipjohnsonglasshouse.org/ DF *****