Thursday, September 10, 2009

Petite Salon




I never tire of looking at and photographing my "salon" in Naples. Here, I used a tufted settee from Lillian August, in a white matelasse', gilt sunburst mirror in the manner of Line Vautrin from Wisteria, Louis XVI style armchair from the Holland Salley estate, a wine table from Rue Toulouse Antiques, mock rock crystal chandelier from Wilshire Lighting, tole shade chinoiserie lamp from an estate sale, and selenite candleholders used for topiary, from Stewart Galleries, Palm Springs, CA. I found the blue and white vases in Fort Lauderdale. The small Louis Quinze table is from Frederick P. Victoria, New York.




In honor of our lost friends and family members, there will be no post from me tomorrow. I was very surprised that Obama did not mention 9-11 in his speech yesterday. Anyone wishing to donate to victims, please visit http://www.mcsfoundation.com/