Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Louis XVI style


Dear readers, these chairs are something I love. I have had an affair with French style furniture for many years now. I enjoy all periods, however the Louis XV and Louis XVI are favorites. I like style which is mid 18th century in inspiration. These chairs I found sitting in a shop on South Dixie Highway, in West Palm Beach, on famed "antiques row" There are wonderful things to choose from, and I always feel like a kid in a candy store there. This particular shop is called The Elephant's Foot. I have no documentation on the chairs, they are most likely early 20th century copies. I love the small scale, and the way the arms flow into the seat. I hope that you like them as much as I do. They are more for looks than comfort, however, I am a six footer, and they sit very well for me. Some day I hope to have a classically inspired house, and I envision these sitting in front of tall french windows, framed by beautiful silk curtains, looking out to a manicured english boxwood garden.