Sunday, April 28, 2019

UPDATED TRAD: Meg Braff

Meg Braff Interior Design, Locust Valley, NY

It was very exciting to see the new "veranda"- with Meg Braff on the cover. Mrs. Braff is one of the best designers working in New York right now and I love to follow her work and I would also love to meet her in person as she's a fellow southerner- and so talented-

One of the things that struck me about her Long Island drawing room was the use of the gilt Sunburst as you know I have had one in my own living room for many years now- And very interesting the spread which was 10 pages in VERANDA showed a totally different mirror which I thought was Just as beautiful as the one shown here if not more so-

Another thing I admire about Meg Braff is that she has a decorating shop near her home and as you may know I used to have one too when I lived in Winston-Salem and it's where I picked up some of my best clients that I've ever had in my entire career many many old money families which had been written up in "town and country" and had used the famed Otto Zenke for their decorator prior to his death- You can imagine what a pleasure and a delight that was for me and I was still only in my 30s! My shop was very much influenced by Colefax and Fowler  - I had hundreds of beautiful English and French chintzes for the ladies to choose from as this was in the gilded roaring 1980s-  And of course as always I was inspired by their beautiful families and that's why I chose to post about Meg Braff today as you can see below she has a beautiful family of her own! DF