Sunday, April 7, 2019

MIXED: Silk Damask

Dean Farris Interior Design

MIXED - Just the way I like it a combination of 18th century elements both old and new both antique and reproduction in a chic blues and browns palette with touches of apricot- pillow fabric- Scalamandre'. Chair seats- Brunschwig, Slipper chair in Robert Allen.

This eclectic assemblage is a good example of how one can take a very small space and make it feel larger by using more furnishings and objects rather than less-  And while I keep saying to Billy that I'm done with this room for some reason I keep seeming to add more to it- As they say what ever floats your boat!

The reproduction rock crystal chandelier has been with me through the last three or four moves you'll notice it in older posts of mine here on Dean Farris Style- One of the things I like about it is that the light is filtered through the shades so it's never too bright however at some point I may have some red pleated silk shades made for it especially if I have the walls lacquered a dark brown!  That was a sensational combination I had in my Manhattan apartment in the East 60's off Fifth Avenue -it was such fun to come home to- It glittered like a little jewel box!  DF