Saturday, April 20, 2019

CLASSICAL: Edward Vason Jones

1124 Valley Road, Albany, GA

When I was a small boy I lived in Albany Georgia and my mother would always drive my brother and I by this pink house, the Shackleford home, on Dawson Road which was designed by Edward  Vason Jones, architect-  (see my earlier posts) EVJ Was also an early mentor to the connoisseur of classical architecture Richard Hampton Jenrette-

And here's another beautiful home that he designed which was built in 1951 for Ola Aultman, (whom my mother knew back in the 1950's- ) in Warwick Georgia -and subsequently moved to Valley Road in Albany Georgia-  I love the classical proportions and the refined details of this house and I can't think of a better place for an Easter egg hunt - !  While this house is not as grand as the pink house it certainly is just as elegant and beautiful ! DF