Sunday, April 14, 2019

COMFORT: Down Cushions

Dean Farris Interior Design

I've always enjoyed the comfort of down cushions -whether it's a blend of 75 down to 25 feathers or one hundred percent down it's old-school luxury at its finest-  Here we have a vintage pair of slipper chairs with beautiful plumped up down filled seat cushions- I get a kick out of them because they remind me of when I lived in Bath and met the last assistant to John Fowler, Mr. Peter Hood- and was entertained in his flat there along with his lovely wife-

I also very much enjoy using down filled toss pillows for myself and for my clients -I recently purchased some here in Naples and I'm getting a lot of pleasure from them -they add so much to my room and I bought the same ones for a client that I'm working on right now which you'll be seeing shots of soon!  Clients often complain that they are too much trouble to keep plumped up however I feel it's worth the effort and it adds to the old-school elegant ambience which I'm always striving to achieve-  Comfort = Elegance!  DF