Saturday, April 13, 2019

GREER: Blue Satin

Michael Greer Interior Design

Being a neo classicist, I've always admired the work of the late decorator Michael Greer- Mr. Greer was originally from a small town in Georgia and we have that in common-  In previous posts I've talked about Michael Greer and how I worked with similar designers in New York- I even had an apartment on E. 57th St. where the whole look was inspired by Michael Greer!

I found this image to be especially arresting and particularly admire and like the aqua marine blue Dutchess satin on the Louis XVI chair-  What really makes this room so interesting is that it was done in the 1960s and therefore was very much ahead of its time in the point of view- the dark walls etc.  It wouldn't take very much to refresh this look for the 21st-century as the elements are classic, forever and timeless.  DF