Saturday, March 22, 2014

Classic Coraux

Brunschwig and Fils


I've always loved and admired the classic "coraux" pattern - and recently have been trying out some of the wallpaper from Thibaut , which is from 2003...
and you might say, oh that's so ten years ago, but not me!

This one, above, has a white background with tan coral branches... I was thinking of it for my kitchen.



And this one, above, is in the reverse- white on beige- which one do you like better? I like both although am leaning towards this one...


And I still like this coral sateen I put on a pair of chairs several years ago- I've forgotten whose fabric this is- anyone?


You can also check out Cowtan and Tout, and Brunschwig and Fils for these patterns, in wallpaper and fabric...


Perhaps it all goes back to my love of nature, and certain romantic places like the Oliver Messel estate on Barbados- with its coral stone walls.  


Our talented friend, Judith Auclair makes these fabulous coral encrusted brackets- I think this is exactly what my living room needs!  If you love coral as much as I do, pay a visit to Palm Beach- or MP Interiors here  it's all over Worth Avenue- Enjoy!  DF *****