Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shopping for Clients

Amazing SICIS tile at Sorhegui, Naples







I love these glass tiles from Italy...



An interesting peacock blue metallic finish...




gotta find the right hardware for these newly installed cabinets !



A little moment of self indulgence !


I spent about half the day yesterday shopping for various jobs I'm currently designing. I paid a visit to Tony at Sorhegui Tile, Rob at Ferguson Kitchen & Bath, and Scott at Smith & DeShields... These are all showrooms which cater mostly to the local design trade here in Naples. The small shops I love to visit are rapidly diminishing - an unfortunate sign of the times here, as Naples was hit especially hard by a real estate bubble bursting... On a positive note, I dropped in at Borders books, where William caught me checking myself out in the April issue of "Naples Illustrated" - four glorious pages of editorial design coverage featuring the remodel and decor I created with Robert Lenahan in Pelican bay. Today is my good friend Sherry McKie's birthday ! Happy birthday sweet lady. Lunching with William today, and looking forward to it. Enjoy ! DF***** PS Check out "Nine by Design" on BRAVO ! What an amazing couple...