Monday, April 19, 2010

Ainsworth-Noah




I first became aware of Hal Ainsworth and Winton Noah when they owned a small wicker and accessories shop on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. This was 1975 or '76... later they opened their eponymous showroom in ADAC (Atlanta Decorative Arts Center) and my friend Nicholas worked there briefly. My mother bought some things from them, under my direction, as well. Hal and Winton have great taste, and are smart, savvy businessmen. They have homes in Atlanta, Paris, and Cashiers, NC, all of which have been published in Lisa Newsom's gorgeous "Veranda" magazine. Here are some images I borrowed from their site, http://www.ainsworth-noah.com/ They carry DeGournay wallcoverings, antiques from Europe, and many fabric, wallcovering and furniture lines catering to the interior design trade throughout the Southeastern U.S. Enjoy ! DF *****