Monday, April 5, 2010

The Good Life

On Lantern Lane...

Existing furnishings...

Great ceiling detail...


This floor runs throughout...



We hear a lot about the so called "good life", and to me, it has a personal meaning. I believe that the good life is all about family, friends, food and wine... gardens, houses, travel, clothes, and other material things are for enriching our lives...it's just that we all need someone or some family to share them with. I'm very fortunate to once again have been invited into the exclusive enclave of Port Royal, in Naples, and looking forward to working for and with one very special family there. (there is also a section of Paris called Port Royal) - Gaining entree into the world of the good life is something I'm very excited about whenever it occurs... and this couple has also been restoring a David Adler house in Lake Forest for the last two years... on another note, I had a great time celebrating Easter yesterday with another family and my friend Susan was very kind to include me as a dinner guest. The food and wine was excellent, and I especially enjoyed the Boston cream cake that Nicole and Mia made. Have a great week, and enjoy these images I made to accompany this post. DF *****