Thursday, April 15, 2010

East Coast Elegance

Another pair of decorations in the loggia...BONNET HOUSE

These coral stone obelisk flank the front entrance

A pair of these flank the entrance to the drawing room



One of the many artist painted ceilings, Bonnet House


In the garden at Bonnet House




Taking the jetty to the boat...



An Idlewyld charmer...



East coast grandeur





Our favorite Blue Moon Fish Company




William enjoying lunch at Blue Moon on the intracoastal




Detail on the front entrance of a condo building...



Terra Mar charm on the bay side...






The W Hotel on the beach



Here I am at Magnum with the elegant Carol !



Jeffrey at Magnum, Miami



Terry plays and sings the great songs we all love



Scott served a killer Pinot Noir...


Luis always takes care of us... he calls me "Baby"



Jeffrey with Carol...

William and I had a nice respite from Naples this week, simply by driving over to the east coast of Florida. The difference between the two coasts is a bit of a shock, and I sometimes joke that we need our passports before venturing across the "Alligator Alley" as that portion of I-75 South is known. We stayed in the TerraMar area behind the new "W" hotel, and visited Miami as well. We paid our second visit to the fab Bonnet House Museum and Gardens, had some great meals, and I had a delightful morning walk into one of my fave Ft Laud neighborhoods, called "Idlewyld" - along the Intracoastal Waterway off Las Olas. We enjoyed meeting artist Kent Planck, our guide at Bonnet House - (see my earlier post on Bonnet House) and seeing old friends in North Miami at Magnum Lounge, Jeffrey, Luis, Scott, Terry, Carol, and Bill... All in all it was a great trip, and I enjoyed every minute ! DF***** www.bluemoonfishco.com