Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Peak of Chic







I enjoyed hearing from fellow blogger, Jennifer Boles, of The Peak of Chic ...she and I had both been writing about the designer Angelo Donghia .... then, while studying my February issue of "Architectural Digest" I saw that Donghia has come out with a beautiful new fabric called Peacock Cloth, which is made in India out of the feathers that peacocks have shed ! How brilliant and how very fantasy... I can't wait to order a sample of this... http://www.donghia.com/ . Yesterday, William and I had some time off from our hectic winter schedules, and went to the new Mercato shops for lunch at the Stage 62 delicatessen...we ran into Myra Janco Daniels, the famous founder of the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra and Performing Arts Center ! I enjoyed chatting with her while we waited for our tables. The place was packed. Then we went across the street (the strada) and I showed Billy the Z Galerie shop, and we ran into beautiful Stephanie Waltbillig, the designer. It was nice to see her again. Spontaneously, we happened to arrive upstairs at the SilverSpot Cinema - and caught "A Single Man" which I had loved, and wanted Bill to see... It was just as beautiful the second time around - and I so enjoyed sharing it with him. Back to work this morning... have a great day ! DF *****