Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Furniture Plans

All photos courtesy Naples Daily News

The present arrangement is with the sofa against the long wall...

Master bedroom

Dining room portion of the Drawing room

Chuck and Maurice

Foyer we enlarged by removing a closet

My sketch showing a new arrangement...

I always enjoy sharing one of my pet projects with you. Here, I remodeled an older condo in Naples with the collaboration of a special client, Mr. Charles Fleck. The french refer to furniture as "meubles" since they intend for things to be moved around, and I am inspired to rearrange some of Chucks furniture since we first placed it six years ago. Chuck has collected some great decorative pieces over the years. He has worked with Ruben de Saavedra and Michael Greer among others, on his home in Pittsburgh. This condo here in Naples was featured in the Naples Daily News. He also until recently, had a home in Rancho Mirage, which William and I once visited. I gave Chuck a gift years ago of a Sevres tea cup that Michael Greer had owned. Mr. Greer, a top decorator of the sixties, used these cups to hold cigarettes. Anyway, I wanted to show you what I have in mind for changing the arrangement in the drawing room... I think it might freshen up the space without investing much money, since all I'm proposing is to add two Marshall Field style chairs, and cover the existing floor with a woven seagrass material. Here are some shots from the NDN article. All interiors by Dean Farris www.deanfarrisinteriordesign.com
DF***** copyright Dean Farris 2010