Sunday, February 21, 2010

Palm Springs & Palm Desert

This image captures the breathtaking beauty of the desert

Kreiss Collection, Palm Desert

The Kreiss California Collection

Beautiful, elegant Palm Desert

The exterior of Maison Felice...

Some of the gorgeous furnishings selected by Phyllis Washington

One of my favorite ads for Maison Felice...

The Library at Maison Felice...



The Blue Room at Phyllis's shop Maison Felice


The elegant and serene Phyllis Washington

Yummy goodies at Sherman's Deli


Riff Markowitz

Gorgeous Judy Bell


I enjoyed this bio very much...


Tab Hunter


Riding in the California sunshine

It really does look like this...

The Viceroy

I've been looking forward to posting about one of my favorite spots, Palm Springs, California. William and I have been going out every year, and I can never get enough of the dry air and gorgeous scenery. We always have a great time in the desert, and have made some good memories... We especially enjoy the Palm Springs Follies, Sherman's Deli, and a restaurant/bar called Blame it on Midnight, where we once ran into Tab Hunter having a late supper. Judy Bell at the Follies is a friend of Bill's, and we always say hello to her, and I got a kick out of Kay Ballard singing "This Is My Lunch" ! Riff Markowitz is a trip... he emcees the campy broadway style revue. We have also visited the Viceroy Hotel, re-designed by Kelly Wearstler, and El Paseo, where I recently discovered Phyllis Washington Antiques... Phyllis has great style, and enjoys bringing top design talent out to the desert for seminars. And of course we've checked out the Palm Desert branch of Kreiss Collection - which has great furniture and linens, supposedly Brad Pitt owns one of their more exotic beds... try the Citron restaurant at The Viceroy. The Star Tour is a lot of fun, and I enjoyed cruising by the fabled Annenberg estate, and having a delicious date shake with Bill... yum...We often stay in a quaint bed and breakfast, which was the former home of Howard Hughes. The desert is a very spiritual and tranquil place, and I look forward to our next trip out west, where I hope to visit the Getty Museum in Malibu. DF*****ps, don't forget to visit Stewart Galleries in downtown Palm Springs !