Monday, February 15, 2010

Harmon Meek Gallery

Albert Hadley

Susan Gutfreund

Dean Farris having a late dinner at Campiello

Charles Fleck at The Englishman, Naples

Fred Sahapoglu, Mary K. Hill, and Charles A. Fleck

A painting by Hunt Slonem, courtesy Harmon Meek

Fred Sahapoglu and Mary K. Hill at the gallery

I had a great time last night with friends/clients Mary Hill, Fred Sahapoglu, and Charles Fleck, at the Harmon Meek Gallery here in Naples. The vernissage was for the painter Hunt Slonem, featuring some of his new series of works depicting the plantation homes he owns in Louisiana. Mr. Slonem had been scheduled to attend, but like so many of us has become overcommitted, so was not able to be there. Here are a few random shots... I also enjoyed the catering by You've Got It Coming, and Richard at the bar delighted in fixing my manhattan on the rocks...after this Chuck and I went down to Third Street South for a bite of dinner at Campiello, and I had the most scrumptious gnochhi ever. We also checked out the new location of The Englishman antiques gallery, which is always interesting. I also wanted to share these iconic images from my photo file showing two rooms I very much like. I was excited to purchase a copy of the new "Sister Parish Design" by Libby Cameron and Susan Bartlett Crater - featuring charming watercolor illustrations by Mita Corsini Bland. I forgot to mention that, when living in England in the late seventies, I met the decorator Peter Hood, who is a protege' of John Fowler. Mr. and Mrs. Hood had a delightful lunch for me at their home in Bath. I only mention this since I know that Mrs. Parish was a big anglophile, and I had fallen in with a chic group including Jeremy Fry, Lord Anthony Snowden, Barney Wan of "Vogue" and Cosmo and Polly Fry. The beauty of Jeremy Fry's townhouse in the Royal Crescent will live forever in my heart and soul. I was associated with the American Museum in Britain, and it was my maiden voyage to the old country. What a trip ! DF*****