Sunday, July 22, 2012

What Makes A House Personal?



The Hamstra house was featured in "Florida Design"



Bronze Aligator door knocker, Old Naples



Shades of Louisiana, Old Naples



Beautiful Old Naples street leading to the beach




"Florida Deco" entrance gates


I've always loved houses, for as long as I can remember. We lived in a small very sweet house in Georgia, in an older, established neighborhood, and I have fond memories of spending my childhood there, near Peachtree Terrace, in Albany.


I often dream of houses at night, houses that don't actually exist, but are conjured in my vivid imagination, while sleeping. This morning, as usual, I took my bike ride in a downtown, southerly direction, and quickly took these random shots, of homes and streets that are on my "route". It was overcast, and a Summer storm was brewing - so these shots are not as crisp as I prefer. According to the social register (consult dilatory domiciles) - there are more SR families with second or third homes in Naples than in Palm Beach, and these pictures I took really don't capture the secret charm that Naples proper exudes. I only mention this by way of making a point that there is a certain "Naples taste level" - and a very high one it is.


Not only do we have old family names, we also have titled aristocrats, and a realtor I know here has a daughter who dated Prince Albert of Monaco. Also, the governor of Florida (Rick Scott- R -) has a home here as well. My decorative painter is currently working, along with three other painting contractors, on a house near the Gov's that sold for forty million dollars. Enjoy these house shots, and have a great week! DF *****