Friday, July 6, 2012

Victor Skrebneski, Chicago Style






































The last thing I expected, the other night while enjoying cocktails in the new home of some new friends (from Chicago) was to see an absolutely stunning portrait of our hostess, by the iconic photographer, Victor Skrebneski. I had followed his work for many years, through Estee' Lauder ads, and his association with top decorator Bruce Gregga. Mr Skrebneski's townhouse in Chicago has always been one of my favorite editorial spreads, a magical, ultra chic combination of clean, modernist space mixed with exquisite french furniture, floating on bare stone floors like sculpture. To encounter his work at close range, while being with the subject at the same time, is,to say the least, a sublime and wonderful experience. Also hung on the walls were about a hundred Picassos, Klimts, Dines, and Miro's. I must say, I don't care for the work of Miro' - it makes me think of trophy art too much. Anyway, here are a few fabulous Skrebneski images, he really is a genius. Enjoy! DF *****