Thursday, July 26, 2012

Can't Live Without: Costa Del Mar Sunglasses





























Costa del Mar makes over fifty styles of shades for "extreme outdoor" environments. I have been enjoying wearing a pair of Vela readers by CDM for the last few years, and they really have held up, swimming, biking, driving, they always help me see better, cut out the glare, and make living in coastal south Florida like some kind of surreal dream. This afternoon, I was out in the gulf, and had a transcendental experience, as the sun was low in the sky, and so, without the shades on, I would have basically been blinded. Another thing I like is the wide side design, reminiscent of Aristotle Onassis, and they help to block too much peripheral vision, without making you unable to see if you need to. They can also be ordered as prescription, and I now want to acquire a pair of blue lens models, so I can channel Anne Slater! (famous NYC socialite). Check out these models I like from the CDM site. DF *****