Sunday, January 16, 2011

That Social Look

R.S.V.P.
Love those colors!


Party people

I've always loved the look of invitations layered on a mantel, or tucked into a mirror, or in the grosgrain ribbons of a "bulletin board"...here, in my own place, I used this porcelain bust as a propping place for some of the first invites of the season. I never get to attend all of the parties and events that I'm invited to, since I do work about eighty hours a week...however its fun to look at what shows up and how the invitations are designed, colors, etc. Recently, William and I attended a lovely party at the Port Royal club here in Naples, and it was great to see some of our old friends including Amanda and Stephen Jaron, Sean Johnson, Henley and Nelly Shotwell, Mayor Bill Barnett, Julia and Francois, Cathy, Jon Scott, and Judy...and so many others. Enjoy! DF*****