Monday, May 28, 2012

Tray Chic: Arranging Decorative Objects






We all have lots of things that we enjoy, but often have no idea of how to display them in a pleasing manner. Just as I was inspired to place a group of similar blue and white porcelains on a small Parsons table, I also was inspired to display a small collection of sea shells, (most of which were purchased as gifts for me) on this chic red lacquer serving tray. I think I got this tray at either Henri Bendel or the old Takashimaya - anyway, I do enjoy the look, and if I get tired of it, I can simply remove the whole thing, in situ, and enjoy the bareness. The current trend has been to get away from too many small, fussy things, and use fewer, larger scaled pieces, when accessorizing a room. However, the love of the personal in decoration often overrides any current trends, and that is certainly the case in my modest apartment. I do what I do for my own personal enjoyment, not because I'm trying to impress any visitors! Enjoy! DF *****