Sunday, May 20, 2012

Room of the Week, Todd Alexander Romano



I met Todd Romano through my friend the late Parkin Saunders, in New York. Parkin was quite fond of Todd as he is such a talent, and a Texas native. (Parkin was from Arkansas) - anyway, Todd has showrooms in New York and L.A. and he did a dining room at the 2012 Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse. I went on TAR's site and found this gorgeous lacquered living room he did for a client in NYC. I love the way Todd has showcased Andy Warhol and other artists in his rooms, and his sense of color and use of sexy chairs (French) as well as his overall point of view. This long banquette he used is sensational, and we could certainly provide something similar through either KREISS or our design service, Interiors By Design West, here in Naples. Enjoy! DF *****(P.S. this lacquer wall treatment reminds me of the townhouse duplex Angelo Donghia lived in - which I was lucky to visit back in the day) .