Thursday, May 24, 2012

Elegant Palettes and Inspirations











Socialite Carolyne Roehm inspired me to add more blue and white bits to the small Parsons table I was given by famed New York society decorator Albert Hadley. Shown here. I also have been working on an elegant Naples villa for new clients and here is the color scheme I'll be presenting to them with William on Monday, yes, that's right, Memorial Day. Work! You better WORK! That's right!


I was so surprised that my dear Jessica Sanchez was not our new American Idol. I feel like she stole the show! There is no accounting for the taste of the American public I suppose. However, I think they all felt sorry for Phillip as he has had some health problems. Congrats Phillip! But seriously, Jessica was channeling Whitney! What's not to love?


Another inspiration today- my fave blogger designer in NYC posted about Caswell Massey soap! Why is this inspiring? Apparently the French believe that giving friends some lily of the valley in May is good luck. CM makes a lily of the valley soap! Who knew? Did you know that CM also is 250 years old, from Newport R.I. and carries Roger and Gallet? Fab! Enjoy! DF *****