Monday, January 18, 2010

Jungle Road

In Palm Beach












































Palmetto Hammock


Royal Palm trunk w/ lichen


Yesterday morning, I went for a walk in my neighborhood, and it was a beautiful cool, partly sunny day, with morning fog. Here are some things I noticed along the way, which I find inspiration in for my design work. Nature is always a great source for interior designers and decorators, and I also found this vintage Ford convertible...I couldn't resist including a page from the book "Palm Beach Houses" which was put together by Shirley Johnston, a former George Clarkson client I had the pleasure of working with in Southport, CT. Her home there, called Bellavista, was a magnificent georgian style gem perched high above the Long Island Sound. At the end of Sasco Hill Road, I'll always remember it with great fondness, and pulling through the gates in George's Rolls Royce was always a thrill. DF *****