Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Decorator Musings

Sketch by Albert Hadley
Sketch by Dean Farris for Albert Hadley

A favorite image, chez Chanel, Paris


Daniel Romualdez for Tory Burch by Francois Halard


I love this linen and cotton zebra print !

Today I've created a decorative potpourri of thoughts and images I want to share. I can't think of anything more chic than this zebra printed linen in navy on white from Dedar Milano. "Savana" # 2137/04 cotton/linen...notice how it ties in with the Tory Burch living room my pal Daniel Romauldez did using classic blue and white porcelain against forest velvet walls. It's fun to compare my birthday sketch for Albert with one of his he did for the Kips Bay Showhouse, with Sister and Bunny. BTW, Bunny will be here in Naples for the annual Winter Antiques Show at Trinity by the Cove...and of course, I simply couldn't resist including this favorite image of Coco Chanel's salon in Paris ! DF*****