Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Le Style Anglaise: Slipper Chairs

Slipper Chairs from Linda, Calling It Home
Really, what could be nicer than having a new friend?  And a new friend who "gets" you!  Nothing could be nicer~ and my new friend, and fellow design blogger, Linda, of Calling It Home, and creator of the One Room Challenge is a fabulous lady with a ton of style and California cool.  She just asked me if I'd like to have these beautiful, English style chairs, dressed in a sepia toned Robert Allen toile...aren't they great?  I think even Princess Pyne would agree! Oh, and Linda moved down here from New Jersey!  Small world.  Linda and I met through the blogosphere, and the rest is history.

DFID (C) 2015
As you can see, I've brought the fun ikat rug back into this small room, to break up the boring bourgeois darkness of the space.  I like the palette even better with these chairs added in to the mix.  They (Slipper chairs) look good anywhere you put them, and like Billy Baldwin, I love seeing them in a living room as opposed to a bedroom.  When Linda showed me the chairs, I was instantly reminded of Peter Hood, John Fowler's last assistant, and also of Albert and Sister, and Nancy "Princess" Pyne...even the Pyne chintz by Schumacher somewhat.

Slipper chair on ikat rug (Feizy)
Perhaps one day I'll get around to ordering the "Les Touches" from Brunschwig for these little jewels, although I would probably just slipcover them, since they look so handsome as they are.  Enjoy!  DF *****

* * * * *