Monday, May 12, 2014

Pushing It Around

DFID


Dear readers, I'm forever rearranging my furniture, even though I always say I won't- I've been doing it since I was about twelve years old... this green velvet and cerulean blue combination is very Emilio Terry.  Read more about Emilio Terry here .

DFID


The pair of Louis XV style chairs were against the wall, across from the sofa-  I like this slightly asymmetric flanking of my chesterfield with a pair of chairs... although we keep thinking we want something in a fabric on the chairs-

Perhaps Les Touches, Brunschwig as used by Mark Sikes  


DFID


This is a rental, with low ceilings, and I must work around them and the ceiling fan, as well as the beige plush carpet- so my modus operandi has been to just "decorate"  for now...

DFID


Also, this morning, I decided to hang another picture above the collage over by the sliding glass doors...it did help to visually raise the eye, which is terrific, since my ceiling height here is - 7'-10"  !!!! And there is no "crown" molding either- we keep discussing changing the mirror to a flat white finish or changing it entirely.

As seen on first dibs (SOLD) 







DFID











DFID































DFID
I like this shot- the grainy look reminds me of old Horst photographs in the House and Garden of the 1970's, which was always probably my favorite magazine, besides the old Paige Rense Architectural Digest...dating myself- and personally, I do like this jumbled look, since the architecture is just a plain shoe box...I do hope you've enjoyed this very personal glimpse into my private quarters!  Cheers!  DF *****

PS, Last night, on Turner Classic Movies, I caught William Haines in the 1928 silent film, "The Smart Set" -
he was very amusing- and became a very prominent designer after leaving the world of film...