Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Godetia flowers and Bonhams chairs

They are also known as "satin flowers"

Their Latin name is "Clarkia Amoena"



Just had to post about these Italian Neoclassical chairs, from the estate of Michael Taylor, coming up for auction at Bonhams & Butterfields November 1st. They are my total dream chairs. I have seen these in a room that Parish Hadley did in San Francisco... This is a set of four ! Imagine what a stunning setting one could create using these opulent models.
**********************************************************************************
On another subject, flowers, I recently discovered these charming, bright FUSCHIA colored flowers from Ecuador, called GODETIA... they were the stars of my dinner table on Sunday evening... I gave the large bouquet to my co- host as a hostess gift... so lovely, and perfect for the dinner table as they have no overwhelming fragrance. I stuck them in these SELENITE candleholders I found in California... they came out with a very professional look, if I do say so myself ! DF *****