Tuesday, July 29, 2014

French Inspiration, Count de Givenchy


Le Grand Genois, Pierre Frey
From the Givenchy chateau
Michael Smith, Sister Parish, Daniel Romauldez...Mark Sikes and Hubert de Givenchy have all used this glorious "tree of life" toile, which has the most intricate level of detail, and a very fantasy feeling.

Monsieur Givenchy bed at Le Clos Fiorentina
 For my own chambre I prefer the relative simplicity of the bed shown above- and have found something recently that I may want to use as a jumping off point- see below.




I was thinking I could perhaps change out the headboard to something from Bracquenie- or Fortuny- or the fabulous tiger velvet we all love.  I would then have some simple sheer linen curtains made for this bed.  I just am trying to locate the source for the bed! (anyone?)

Givenchy Bunny Mellon guest room
  This chamber, which has been published many times, is a true inspiration- doesn't that bed look so inviting? I particularly have always liked to see a chair turned at a right angle to the bed itself- great for one's dressing gown, robe, or some more books and magazines- those sheets are probably by Porthault- aren't they delicious?

Liberty Blue, printed linen, D. Porthault, Paris
Dreaming of sleeping in a villa by the sea, or perhaps a chateau belonging to Givenchy- there seems to be a close relationship between our dreams (aspirations) and our inspirations...just hope I don't EXPIRE before I ASPIRE to INSPIRE !!! :)  Sweet dreams!  DF *****