Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rococo Romance in a 16th Century Chateau


Chateau de Talcy
I'm most intrigued, and enchanted by, this beautiful room in the Loire Valley, near Blois, in the Chateau de Talcy.    While the house itself dates from around 1520, the interiors were done up in the 18th, and have been preserved as a monument of France- the house is open for tours and sees about 20,000 visitors a year.  If you've read some of my previous posts on decorating, you know that I'm fatally partial to the style known as Rococo, aka Louis XV.  Every night, while sleeping, this is what I dream of.



Salle a manger, Chateau de Talcy

Above, check out the absolutely stunning wall paper- and that floor! Not to mention those deliciously milky looking beams.  Pure perfection.  I also am admiring the soft stamped velvet on the chaises, how the colour works with the elegant turquoise ground of the walls.  Divine!  Chateau de Talcy, 18 rue du Chateau 41370 Talcy, FR  Enjoy!  DF *****