Saturday, January 12, 2013

Decorator Scrapbook

Dean Farris at home, 2010
I was most interested to see that decorator Mary McDonald has launched a new line of decorative fabrics for Schumacher.  Congratulations Mary!




Mary McDonald for Schumacher
Hmmm... what else is rocking my little world right now?  I would have to say, it's a little of everything, and I enjoy my work so much, that it's hard to not become just a total workaholic!


Room by Dean Farris
I still love this moody, almost Parisian feeling, shot I took of my former Positano Place living room, from a few years ago.  The teal and gilt painted Louis XV style chair was obtained from the late Albert Hadley- it wears a Jack Lenor Larsen linen, backed in softly shimmering gold lame'.  I still love this chair, and my friend Stephen has suggested I have copies made of it, a la Ann Getty, to use as dining chairs...love that concept!



Albert Hadley
My decorator friend in Los Angeles, Peggy Braswell, recently posted a comment on  my piece about the new Chesterfield sofa, and I find her inspiring too.  Here's a beautiful portrait of beautiful Peggy...


Peggy Braswell
Even though I decided not to move out to Los Angeles, it seems I keep going in that direction- and I think we all have the ability to change directions, when we feel so compelled.  Enjoy the day!  DF *****