Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nancy, Bunny, and John, Decorating World
















Bunny Williams, aka Mrs. John Rosselli, sent this lovely picture of lamps she is coming out with- and I was again reminded of Nancy Lancaster, who was first Mrs. Field, then Mrs. Tree, and finally Mrs. Lancaster.


Nancy Lancaster's mother was a Langhorne, and I went to school with another nice girl from Virginia, Cary Langhorne Bond. Bunny, whose real name is Bruce Blackwell, is also from Charlottesville, and it almost seems as if one can draw a line comparing Mrs. Rosselli to Mrs. Lancaster, as they both have had important men named John in their lives, John Rosselli, the fabulous antiques dealer, and John Fowler, the important late English decorator and tastemaker, friend of Sister and Mario, and business partner of famous Sybil Colefax.


I found a table from Rosselli to place one of Bunny's new lamps on- it has "dolphin" legs. Love the bleached look, something dear Albert was very fond of. I also very much like these stunning decorative mirrors from Rosselli Antiques.


I very much admire the way Bunny Williams has built up her brand, through books, lectures, hard work, and product design. We should all be so brilliant and so successful! I have met her, years ago, when I was still living in Manhattan, and went to her office for a possible job, which unfortunately did not materialize for me. I very much enjoy following her BeeLine introductions, and wish her and John all the best as they continue their great work. Enjoy! DF *****