Sunday, February 3, 2019

CHARM: Gasparilla Island


Billy and I enjoyed a day trip to beautiful Boca Grande- (see my earlier posts) today, and enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at The Pink Elephant - I especially enjoyed my pink "craft cocktail" - a jalapeño pomegranate margarita- and some shopping - then Amish ice cream from The Pink Pony- raspberry vanilla- also pink!  What was also fun was the sea mist that rolled in and we got to go by Mrs. Labrecque's beautiful pale pink stucco house- in an area known to locals as "The Gold Coast" - it looks as gorgeous as ever.  We also spent some time looking at pink seashells on the beach, shrouded in sea fog and mist, by the bright aqua sea, made so by the high phosphorous content of the sands there under the water!  One of my favorite decorating palettes has always been pale pink with teal or soft aqua- !  Magic!

Made it back to Naples in time for Tom Brady and then half-time!  DF