Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Morning Light, Early November

My new slipper chairs from Linda, Calling It Home, fabric is Robert Allen

Even though I don't shoot film anymore, I still get a kick out of using my phone for images with instant gratification...and I'm still crazy for these ultra-chic chairs that my new friend Linda gave me recently.  They're now flanking my early 20th century (circa 1915) chesterfield in newer buttery caramel colored leather.  I caught the beautiful early morning light and wanted to share it with you.


My Albert Hadley low table, with red lacquer tray

Love this image, the small bohemian glass vases were another gift, from dear friend Roberta.  Billy bought the small Imari bowl for me in a shop in Key West, that had moved down from Greenwich Village
As I enjoy my morning coffee here, I think of all the wonderful memories of dear Albert, and when he gave me this table while on his way to the trash bin to throw it out.  It was lacquered in a khaki-bamboo gold color and I simply brushed it with a gloss black paint.  Black accents with taupe walls and beige carpet is a smart combination, and gives a nice masculine atmosphere to my small flat here in Naples on the gulf.  Enjoy!  DF ***** 

DFID (c) 2015


* * * * *