Tuesday, August 13, 2013

More Ikat Madness!


Tracy Porter

Stout Brothers "Darlington" color Jasmine
This afternoon, our Feizy rugs rep came in, and introduced us to some new things, including the Poetic Wanderlust collection, by the California designer, Tracy Porter-  I went crazy for the Coronado line- a loose jute from India overprinted with a large scale ikat pattern- and instantly ordered a size 8 x 11 for a ridiculously low price- I chose the blue colorway- and look forward to posting it when it's installed here at chez Farris- 


The fabulous Summer zinnia image, above, is from the Poetic Wanderlust site- a visual feast celebrating the lifestyle Tracy and her husband John, have created with their four sons on a Santa Ynez ranch- I've always been entranced by zinnias-remember the zinnia chintz from Brunschwig?


And look at this "Cintra" printed design, by Quadrille- it screams ikat and an Alan Campbell faux naive chic at the same time...the colors are very fresh and fun- reminding me of our new Tory Burch boutique here in Naples, which I popped into yesterday- on my way to the also newly arrived L'Occitane boutique- (spend $50 and get a free shower gel).  I do think, that if, like me, you are haunted by images of Phyllis Diller in a silk ikat caftan - then you must also love these ikats as much as I do.  While the design media has deemed them "terribly trendy" recently, they are, like so many tried and true classics, nothing new.   Enjoy!
DF *****