Friday, April 2, 2010

Port Royal

One of the newer homes...in Bay Colony

I'd love to change the asphalt to pea gravel or coquina pavers...

I caught this great shot recently after rearranging again...



Trinity- by- the- Cove


A typical Port Royal backyard scene...







You see a lot of these driving around town...


I'm very pleased to share with you this encouraging development. Port Royal, in Naples is one of the premier residential neighborhoods in Naples, and I have been awarded a project there, on Half Moon Walk. I leave this morning for a walk through of the house. In the past, I've consulted on other houses in Port Royal, three on Galleon, two others on Half Moon, and one further down off Gordon Drive... and I've also had the pleasure of working on two homes in Little Harbour, which is a gated community on Gordon Drive. With the economy in the state it's in I've had to work very hard to land this job, so I wanted to share my excitement and pleasure with you. Stay tuned for some great shots I'll be sharing... without intruding on the owners, of course. Developer Glenn Sample founded the area in the early sixties, and hired Palm Beach architect John Volk to design the beach club... Mr. Sample would drive prospective buyers around the development in his Rolls Royce, and the early homes were quite modest. Today, new homes in the area usually fill up the lot if they are built on speculation. The grandest ones have huge lots and are set back from the street. A recent sale listed for 25 million went for 18 million, a beautiful Bermuda style house where many of the Bush family have been entertained in the past. Have a great weekend ! Spring is here. DF ***** And Happy Easter and Happy Passover !