Wednesday, January 26, 2011

That Salmon Rose Color!

Beautiful room by Joni Webb, Texas decorator, and creator of Cote de Texas (blog)

Table, F.P. Victoria, NEW YORK



Chair, The Pink Door, GREENSBORO, N.C.


Sister's old maisonette, NYC, by my friend Mario


An ode to Gertrude Stein...




Dinner is served!



Oh, how I adore that certain shade of salmon pink, or "summer rose" as my dear client Sue Lynn likes to call it. I first dreamed of this color when I saw a rose in the color. Then I dreamed of louis chairs, upholstered in salmon gauffraged silk velvet - on the antique grey white painted frames! How utterly chic! Tony Duquette had some chairs in this same palette. It is just the most ultra color. It evokes the charm and wit of the eighteenth century.
*************************************************************************************

Here, I share some favorite images showing this celestial shade. ENJOY! DF *****