Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paris On My Mind

Four Seasons Hotel, Paris



Photograph by Dean Farris


My friend and fellow designer, James Andrew of New York, is off to Paris. What a lovely time of year to be there. My friend Mary Hill just returned from Barcelona, and it was great to see Lee Edney last night at the "reunion" cocktail hour at Harold's Place here in Naples. Lee lives in upstate New York, and she and I once worked together at Norris Interiors. I also saw Mitzi, Alice, Mary Beth, Jim, Maureen, and Dana and Cynthia... Great to see all of these wonderful, creative people. Here, I was sitting in my Living Room enjoying a glass of chilled Chardonnay, and dreaming of Paris, and remembering the last trip William and I took, where we stayed at the terribly charming (and inexpensive) Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, on the right bank in the Marais district. Next time, we must stay on the left bank ! I'm looking forward to a May full of even more flowers ! The promise of Spring is eternal. Enjoy ! DF***** http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com/